Recommended HRV Sensors & Heart Rate Monitors
Measuring Accurate HRV
- Capturing accurate R-R intervals (the exact time between each heart beat, more info at the bottom)
- Checking for anomalies, artifacts, and signal noise
- Correcting artifacts as needed
- Running HRV calculations such as RMSSD, HF/LF, etc.
HRV Sensors & Heart Rate Monitors
As you can see above, the first step in measuring accurate HRV is capturing accurate R-R intervals. This is done by connecting an accurate heart rate sensor directly to the Elite HRV app.
Elite HRV is compatible with many heart rate and HRV sensors. There are only 2 requirements. Your heart rate monitor of choice must:
- Capture accurate R-R intervals
- Transmit those R-R intervals to the Elite HRV app via Bluetooth (ANT+ only available on certain phones/tablets)
For a full list of recommended heart rate monitors, phones and tablets, see: https://elitehrv.com/compatible-devices
More information in the Related Articles section below.