CorSense Won't Connect To App
Note: If you're reliably connecting to the Elite HRV app but NOT getting accurate or consistent HRV, click here (link) instead.
CorSense connects via Bluetooth 4.0 to mobile apps on iOS and Android.
For the best results do not connect or pair CorSense through your phone's Bluetooth Settings.
Only connect or pair from your HRV app.
It may help to turn off any other nearby heart rate sensors.
Tip: Do not put the CorSense on until you have selected a type of reading. Once you select a reading, you will be prompted to put the CorSense on. Putting it on before this can cause the app to malfunction.
If you are having trouble connecting CorSense to the app, please try the following ( note: stop troubleshooting when it starts working):
- Make sure Bluetooth is ON
- Make sure CorSense is charged
- Make sure the blue light on top of the unit is flashing (gently tap CorSense to wake it up)
- Look for the words "Connected" or "Done" near the top of the HRV app screen
- Make sure CorSense is not connected to any other nearby device or other app (eg. other user's phone, smart TV, laptop, desktop, etc)
- (Android only) Location permission may need to be turned on for Bluetooth to work with the app (we'll only use location for this purpose):
If the above do not work, please try the following more advanced sequence:
- Unpair your CorSense from the Elite HRV app (swipe left on the sensor in the "Devices" screen and hit "delete")
- Sign out of the Elite HRV app - please make note of the email address you used to sign in originally
- Uninstall the app
- Kill any live applications running in the background
- Shut off phone (leave it off for a few minutes)
- Turn phone back on
- Reinstall Elite HRV app
- Sign back in to the app using the same email address as before
- Re-pair the CorSense
Additionally, you may check with other apps (ex. LightBlue Explorer). Is it able to connect?