3rd Party Integrations
What Data is Transferred To/From Elite HRV with my Integration?
Each integration requires an agreement between Elite HRV and the integrated app as to what data is shared. Therefore, each integration's data sharing functionality can be different. Please find your integration below:
Apple Health: Elite HRV receives Exercise and Sleep entries from Apple Health. We send the SDNN, Heart Rate, and Resting Heart rate data from the Morning Readiness reading to Apple Health. (subsequent readings throughout the day will not push data to Apple Health - only the Morning Readiness)
Google Fit: Elite HRV receives any number entered for the last 7 days from Google Fit. This includes sleep and exercise. The exercise will be specified in your Elite HRV log, unless it is not an exercise we have available in our app. In that case, it will be listed as "other." We send the heart rate data from your Morning Readiness reading to Google Fit.
Fluid Health & Fitness: This app integrates with us - we do not control what data is sent. They pull the HRV and heart rate data from your Elite HRV app.
Strava: Currently we do not send any data to Strava. We pull exercises from Strava. The exercise will be specified in your Elite HRV log, unless it is not an exercise we have available in our app. In that case, it will be listed as "other."
TrainingPeaks: Currently we do not receive any data from TrainingPeaks. We send HRV, Heart Rate, Sleep Duration, and Sleep Quality data from your Morning Readiness reading. Subsequent readings throughout the day will not push data to TrainingPeaks.
Final Surge: Currently we do not receive any data from Final Surge. We send HRV and Heart Rate data from your Morning Readiness reading. Subsequent readings throughout the day will not push data to Final Surge.
Sport Tracks: Elite HRV receives exercise entered within the last 7 days from your Sport Tracks account. Elite HRV sends HRV and Heart Rate data from your Morning Readiness reading. Subsequent readings throughout the day will not push data to Sport Tracks.
Heads Up Health: This app integrates with us - we do not control what data is sent. They pull the HRV and heart rate data from your Elite HRV app.
- In order for data to push, you must take a Morning Readiness reading.
- Not all historical data will push. Some apps take the last 7 days, some no historical data at all. This works both ways; some apps do not want to push history to Elite HRV and you will only see new data come over.
If you are missing data in your Elite HRV log from Apple Health, Google Fit, Strava, etc, or if the Elite HRV app is not sending selected data to the integrated app, there are a few items you can check to be sure the integration is set up correctly.
1. Check the permissions you have selected or not selected for the integration. You can click on the integrated app to check the permissions you have or have not enabled:
Go to the settings menu by clicking your profile picture (or blue circle) in top right corner:
Choose "Other app integrations"
Select the integration that is missing information
Make sure there is a blue check mark next to the parameter you think is not being shared - if there isn't, click on the parameter and enable it
Note that you may need to disconnect and then reconnect the app if the permissions will not update.
2. Check the login email address of the app you have connected; if you have multiple Google accounts, for example, the incorrect one could have been connected to Elite HRV. You can check by disconnecting the integration, then when you reconnect, double check the email address associated with the app you are trying to integrate with. Then, reconnect to confirm the email address:
And you can also check the connection of the sleep app/device to Google Fit as described in this Google help article: https://support.google.com/fit/answer/9399034?hl=en-GB
For Apple Health: disconnect, restart your phone, then reconnect Apple Health to Elite HRV. You can do this by revoking the permissions from the Apple Health side.
3. Clear the cache on your mobile browser. Cached data can hang up the connection process. Clear Cache on Mobile Browser
4. Check the email you have used to log into the Elite HRV app, make note of it, and log out. Log back in, then wait 2 minutes so the readings can start saving to the database.
5. Clear EHRV app cache: Clear App Cache
6. Fresh app installation: How to Uninstall and Reinstall the App
Also, please be aware that not all apps let us pull historical data into Elite HRV, and may only give us access to new data or the very last data entry.