Trouble Connecting Heart Rate Monitor and Bluetooth Issues
RELATED TO THIS ARTICLE
IMPORTANT: Troubleshooting the CorSense HRV finger sensor? Use this guide instead:
A good place to start is restarting your phone, leaving it off for several minutes. This resolves a great deal of connectivity issues.
Check the battery level - if its low then we'd recommend putting in a new battery. Then please do the following in order:
- Turn your Bluetooth off (if you have it on)
- Log out of the app
- Uninstall the app
- Shut your phone off for a few minutes, then turn it back on
- Reinstall the app
- Log back in and see if you can connect: allow your phone to connect with the Bluetooth automatically
- CHEST STRAPS ONLY: Ensure the chest strap is moistened with strap gel or water
- Ensure the chest strap is tight but comfortable around the chest
- Pro tip: Remove any slack from the strap by gently pressing the sensor against your chest with two fingers and gently moving it side to side
- IMPORTANT. Do not skip this step:
- Ensure the strap is not connected to any other apps or devices like watches, equipment, or other phones or tablets. See this article for more information.
- (iPhone) Allow Bluetooth Sharing – Go to iPhone Settings > Privacy > Bluetooth Sharing, and make sure that Elite HRV isn’t disabled (it may not be listed at all, which is fine). Be sure the Bluetooth radio switch is toggled on in iOS settings.
- Location permission may need to be turned on for Bluetooth to work with our app (we'll only use location for this purpose):
- Replace the battery in your HR chest strap
Next: Kill any applications that may be running in the background on your mobile device.
- Ensure you are on the latest version of Elite HRV by visiting the App Store or Play Store
- Make sure that the battery in your Heart Rate monitor is good, if not, then replace the battery in your HR chest strap. Most heart rate monitor apps will display the battery levels.
- Hard restart your phone/device. Example for iPhone: Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least ten seconds, until you see the Apple logo (Trouble Connecting Heart Rate Monitor & Bluetooth Issues)
- Remove the device from the "saved devices" list on the app, then try to reconnect. You can also turn your phone's Bluetooth off and back on while the device is removed from the Elite HRV app and THEN try to reconnect.
- Discharge your heart rate monitor (see this article)
- Update your phone to the latest Operating System (many Bluetooth updates have come out recently)
Please read carefully, do not skip steps, and stop troubleshooting when your monitor starts working.